Saturday 13 April 2013

Dissertation, Lizard Cops Art and Pigeon Head

Yeah, the title isn't exactly the most creative thing I've come up with. Shaddap, I've been using most of my brainpower scrambling to get this dissertation done the past few days.

I'm pleased to say that it's going very well though. It's been quite helpful that a lot of the discussion points in my dissertation were looked at beforehand in my other written modules. Basically, I'm discussing how success can be defined and how that can be applied to the practice of webcomics. If that makes sense. IT BETTER MAKE SENSE. IT'S ALL I'VE WORKED ON FOR THE BEST WEEK.

Anyway, I've wanted to update this blog after my rather... dispirited entry (I'm starting to feel much better after throwing myself into this writing and I'm hoping to improve further after I can work on artwork again) but due to the amount of time spent writing, I haven't let myself get distracted with creating art. So it's been a few weeks since I've drawn much else.

However, before I threw myself with little abandon into my dissertation, I managed to scrounge up my finished entry for the Lizard Cops fanart competition, which is currently under voting now. I don't think I'll win but it was fun to do! Plus, I've wanted to draw Stanley and the dog character for a while now.


I wanted to keep the look quite close to the original show so I tried to do the background in a similar style to Rachel's. Although I couldn't resist colouring the lineart of the characters, I just can't seem to leave it black for some reason. Hmm.
Stanley only gets serious business if his doughnuts are threatened. Or if someone takes away the last pink sprinkled one, like dumbass dogboy here. Who no doubt will be too scared to leave his house and buy anything ever again.

"First the handbags and now THIS?? WHY??"

This was a fun interval to work on. Thanks for the opportunity, Miss Normand! Also go watch Lizard Cops if you haven't. I've linked it a million times now, JEEZ.

I hope to upload an entry with more Crumbs artwork once the dissertation is handed in, as well as share an exciting development... although that last one might need to wait for a bit. There will definitely be more Crumbs art in the future though, I promise you all that.

Until then, here's a selfie of me and my pigeon mask. I've meant to share this on the blog for a while now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3