Wednesday 17 August 2011

Push your Poses!

Something I've found when drawing cartoons is that you can get away with that little bit more; creating fluid movement despite the fact that the character in the picture is still. The secret to making the pose that little bit more dynamic lies in the Line of Action, shown here.


This is certainly helpful when showing movement in animation and/or cartoon style comics. Another thing I'd advise you look at is this here. It tells you to think of a simple pose and then find a way to make it that more fluid and therefore, that more impressive.


Hope this helps someone! I know they'll both certainly help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any advice? Any opinions or ideas that you want to share? Just think I'm a straight up idiot? Feel free to let me know and I'll reply in kind <3